I may be the World's worst blogger.
...I'm going to try to be better... promise. :)
I can't believe it's been a month since I last wrote! It seems like just a few days ago when I last sat down with my laptop and wrote something new...
...where did the time go??!
Anyway, this past month went by in a blur. I feel like it was full of learning and growing closer to the Lord. And to top it off I was so blessed and was able to spend the first days of April by going to my church's women's retreat! It was really fantastic... great fellowship, time with the Lord, encouragement and fun!
Not to mention I got to spend the weekend getting to know these great girls!
On a more serious note, the speaker was really great and the Lord used her (and the other women at the retreat) to encourage and push me all at once which I am so grateful for! She emphasized how we need to be consistently in the Word, be in prayer, and was constantly all about Jesus! She was definitely all about being disciplined in pursuing being closer to the Lord, and I loved that she gave great examples on how to do that in real life and to keep Christ-centered even though life can be hard. In fact, one of her big points was "life is hard, God is good, Stay in Word" - basically meaning life can be really hard and overwhelming sometimes, but we serve a great God who loves us and we need to remember that and most importantly we need to remember to stay in the Word always!
That alone was worth going for... Just the reminder that we're not always (if ever!) going to have it all together, but it's not about having it all together... it's about loving and serving and glorifying the Lord, seeking Him, and then following His Word. On a more personal note though, the Lord definitely used the weekend and teaching in my life to work in me personally. I'll have to write more on that later once I've had time to think on it some more! :) Then on top of all of that... we had a chance to get free massages and I took a cupcake decorating class! Super fun!
Outside of that this month has just been spent apartment hunting, hanging out, and lots of cooking and eating! I need to add some working out in the schedule as soon as I figure out the best time and the best way to keep motivated to get up and go in the mornings...
More to come soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment