Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome to the Nolen Nest!

 Here goes my first attempt at blogging in a long time!

I'm not really sure where to start so I guess I'll just start with hello! And welcome to the Nolen Nest! :)

And a big thank you to the sweet Mrs. Liniger for her help in coming up with the blog name! Thank you friend!!!

So many changes happened in 2010 that I feel just passed me by so quickly... I tried keeping up with a journal but now have about forty pieces of writing scattered randomly in four different notebooks, so I thought this may be a great way to capture some things in ONE spot and share bits of our lives with our friends and families at the same time!

So here is us:
Right now, I'm snuggled up on the couch wrapped up in my favorite blanket next to my peacefully sleeping (very adorable) husband. We've been married for just over a month and having a great time... I love being married to Jason. I feel so grateful the Lord put us together and he's an amazing husband already! I am so excited to see what the Lord has planned for us to do together!

Right now, Jason's working as a math teacher at a local school. He's a great teacher for 8-11th graders... It's hard work, but he does great with it and hardly ever complains about the amount of hours he puts in. Just recently he quit his second job he was working so we could have a little more time together and focus on our marriage. Which I'm VERY grateful for! As for me... I'm still working as an assistant at the church I've been working at the past few years. We both love being involved at our church, especially with our Lifegroup and are just praying together about what the Lord has in store for our future!

I'll post more later, but I think right now it's time to go to bed and probably nudge my sleeping husband off the couch...

I'll leave you with one of my favorite wedding pictures we have so far... :)


2 comments:

  1. oh steph! This is so great! I can't wait to hear more from the Nest!! You are so cute and I can just picture you on your sofa with your favorite blanket! I love the wedding pic too! Such a sweet expression on Jason's face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture, such happiness! And don't refer to me as Mrs. Liniger, we are friends so the formalities are out the window(plus it ages me and the gray hairs I am sporting do that enough already)!

    ReplyDelete